Beliefs (Shared Values)
We believe each student
• can strive for excellence and be successful given enough time and resources.
• is unique in abilities, interests, needs, and goals.
• should become an ethical decision-maker.
• needs a variety of educational opportunities that promote and enhance lifelong learning.
We believe learning
• is promoted by a nurturing and stimulating environment.
• is an interactive process in which each student must be engaged.
• is enhanced by access to technology.
• must be defined, measured and recognized in a variety of ways.
• is enhanced by respectful, positive, and collaborative relationships.
We believe educators
• promote learning through relationships, engagement, and assessment.
• benefit from continuing professional development.
• grow professionally from opportunities for collaboration with peers.We believe effective schools
• are safe, secure and healthy environments in which students can learn.
• actively recognize, understand, and appreciate diversity.
• actively engage the community in the educational process.
• are accountable and add value to the community.• provide resources to support adequate learning activities to implement vital educational opportunities including ethicsand citizenship.• anticipate and adapt to changes within the local, national, and global context.
• strive for excellence in the arenas of academics, arts and athletics.
• create responsible world citizens through shared civic responsibility at all levels.
• provide an environment that allows students to become problem solvers and critical thinkers.