Interpretation and Translation Services
- The Meyersdale Area School District is committed to communicating with all parents in a language they can understand. This includes notifying limited-English parents in a a language they can understand-about all programs, services, and activities that are called to the attention of other parents.
- Parents have the right to these services even if they speak some English and even if their child can speak or read in English.
- Registration and enrollment in school
- Grades, academic standards, and graduation
- School rules and student discipline
- Attendance, absences, and withdrawal
- Parent permission for activities and programs
- School closures
- Opportunities to access programs or services
- Special education and services for students with disabilities
- Language interpreter for meetings and conversations about the student's education
- All important information will be communicated with parents in a language or mode of communication that they understand.
- Written notices will be translated by TransAct, district translators, translators identified by the Appalachia Intermediate Unit 08, local universities or by assistance of services such as AT&T Language Line.
- Intepreters will be provided for parent conferences, as needed.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Education, in collaboration with Chester County Intermediate Unit, provides access to TransAct, an online school document translation service that allows every district, every school, and every educator in Pennsylvania with professional multilingual parent notifications to effectively meet the parent communication requirements mandated by federal law.