Substitute School Nurse
Substitute nurse applicants must be a certified Registered Nurse (RN), with 2 years medical-surgical experience, in order to be eligible to substitute.
- Letter of interest and resume - which includes documentation of at least 2 years medical-surgical experience.
- PA Criminal Background Check ($22)
- Child Abuse History Clearance ($13)
- Fingerprints - $23.85 use service code 1KG6XN
- Arrest and Conviction Form
- Official Transcripts Official copies of college transcripts (must be received by the district in a sealed envelope with the university seal)
- Copy of an RN license (LPNs are not eligible to be a substitute)
- Pa. School Nurse Certificate - Copy of Pennsylvania School Nurse Certificate
Applicants who DO NOT have a current PA school nurse certificate must apply for an emergency certificate through the Pennsylvania Department of Education's TIMS system (Teacher Information Management System). Individuals will not be eligible to substitute until this requirement is met. Please CLICK HERE for more information on applying for an emergency certificate.
After the district has received all paperwork, candidates must then contact Chloe Thomas at email@example.com or 814-634-5123, ext. 329 to schedule an interview with Dr. Tracey Karlie, Superintendent, and be approved by the Board of School Directors. Interviews will not be held until all required documents have been received by the district.
Please mail documents to:
Meyersdale Area School District
Attn: Chloe Thomas
309 Industrial Park Road
Meyersdale, PA 15552