Meyersdale Athletic Boosters
Yes, Yes, Yes, we do! We’ve got spirit… how about you????????
The Meyersdale Athletic Boosters work to establish a greater awareness of the district’s athletic programs by providing funding to those programs and by promoting community involvement in athletic events.
Upcoming event sponsored by the Athletic Boosters:
When- Saturday, March 12th, 2016
Where- Meyersdale Fire Hall; the doors open at 12:30pm with a light lunch and 25 basket tickets when you purchase a $10.00 “entry ticket”.
Tickets can be purchased in the Athletic Office or at Gindy’s Gym in advance.
** Extra tickets can be purchased at the event along with 50/50 drawings. There are several HIGH END gift items to be given away! We have 100 baskets currently.
Annual events the Athletic Boosters sponsor:
· Annual “RAIDER FEST/ BONFIRE EVENT” (always the first Saturday, after the first mandated week of Fall sports, via PIAA calendar)
· Annual sports banquet (typically the fourth Monday in May)—FREE of charge for all varsity athletes and coaches.
· Team Elite – yearly recognition of athletes who do well academically ( jacket pins for underclassmen and trophies for seniors)
· Gymnasium display (names on magnets) for each winter sport taking place in the gymnasium. These are given to participants upon graduation!
· Host the Girls Basketball Christmas Tournament.
· Primary sponsor of the Elementary and Junior High Basketball Summer and Winter leagues.
· Sponsor of annual Ken Lantzy Football All Stars, for Meyersdale/Salisbury.
· Host of Championship Team reunions.
· Primary award provider for individual and team championships locally!
· Sponsor of Pep buses to playoff events!
None of the above annual activities can be accomplished without raising funds to cover costs. We have a license to sell 50/50 drawings at all sporting events. There is also a link on the school’s web page to purchase Red Raider wear and miscellaneous items at your convenience. Proceeds from sales, on the site, also benefit the Athletic Boosters.
The Athletic Boosters meet the third Wednesday, of every month, at 7pm, in the High School LGI room. An auto call typically goes out to all 6-12 grade students the Monday prior to the meeting.
ANYONEinterested in attending may join atANY TIME!
ALL ARE WELCOME; you have a vote if you attend regularly!